Pennsylvania Internet Gaming Hearing on May 1
Mike Sturla from Lancaster, Pennsylvania has announced that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on internet gaming at 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1 in 418 Main Capitol Building, Harrisburg.
The information for hearing announcement can be found here and it will be streamed live.
This is a week after the internet gaming hearing in California. The California hearing was a very detailed look at igaming with an analysis of how current legal states have fared as well as technology involved. It also allowed local gaming interests to speak on their behalf on the impact of igaming in the state.
From the agenda, it looks like Pennsylvania will follow a similar pattern. One noticeable party not included is the Las Vegas Sands group which has vehemently opposed igaming.
Pennsylvania Internet Gaming Hearing Agenda
10 am – Opening Remarks
10:10am – Policy and Regulatory Issues
- Kevin O’Toole (Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board)
- James Kilsby (GamblingCompliance)
- Ewa Bakun (Clarion Events)
10:50am – Social Impact
- Patty Aftab (Wired Safety)
- Keith Whyte (National Council on Problem Gambling)
- Jim Pappas (Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania
11:30am – Technology and Consumer Services
- Peter Murray (GB Group)
- Doug Lewin (Optimal Payments)
- Anna Sainsbury (GeoComply
11:50am – Gaming Industry Issues
- David Satz (Caesars Entertainment Corp.)
- Bob Green (Parx Casino and Racing)
- Schott Bohrer and Manu Gambhir (Thrive Gaming)
- John Pappas (Poker Players Alliance)
12:30pm – Closing Remarks